21 October, 2016

Game of Death - an October Challenge Game, Mostly About Punching

http://dcugames.blogspot.com/2016/10/game-of-death-first-draft.html

This is the first completed game for my October challenge.  The month is two thirds done, and I have learned that it is very hard business to try to create a game a day.  I might try again in a more modest form with a game idea seed a day next time... we'll see.

But here it is, a complete, but simple game.  It uses a decreasing resource management mechanic, with two different die resolution mechanics used in a hybrid tandem; a die pool for gaining successes, and a die target number mechanic for determining binary pass/fail success.

Having put it out unplaytested, it is sure to have problems that need to be addressed, but it should be fun (though brutal).

I have about half a dozen other half done ideas to choose from next.  Hopefully, I can get the rest out by the end of month!

No comments:

Post a Comment