04 October, 2016

October Challenge... Harder Than I Thought

SO, I set a challenge for myself on the 1st to write a game a day just as a brute force method of priming the creative pump.

It used to be so easy... alas!

But as I look at it, I have had the second thought that there are 24 hour RPG challenges (like THIS for instance) that are described as a designer's triathlon meant to push the limits of creativity in design, fiction, and layout, and these only happen once a year.

And I blithely thought I would do 31 in a row.

SO I have decided to be a bit more modest in my plans, as one of the designs I spent some hours with this weekend past kept bogging me down with the perfection monster.  As such, I will strive not to be concerned if there is a complete game per se every day, so much as a vignette of a game.  I suppose that much of what I will expect would count as a subsystem of a game.

But, there it is...  Art and Fear... quality comes out of quantity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment